Referendum Election, November 7, 2023 and Somerset County Referendum
Polls will be open 8:00am to 8:00pm, November 7, 2023.
Now in closed period for voter registration.
Absentee ballots are available. You can request an absentee ballot in person, by phone, or online at: Maine Absentee Ballot Request
For access to the election guide please visit: https://www.maine.gov/sos/cec/elec/upcoming/pdf/citizensguide23.pdf
March 4, 2023 Annual Town Meeting
The State of Maine allows residents to register to vote any time leading up to and including the day of the election. Residents of Mercer may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s Office, located at Mercer Community Center, 1015 Beech Hill Road, or at the polls on election day.
Proof of residency and proof of identity are required.
- Per state statute, M.R.S.A. Title 21-A , Section 112-A. Proof of identity for voting purposes
Any of the following forms of documentation may be offered by an applicant and considered by a registrar in verifying the identity of an applicant who is registering to vote.
- Government-issued photograph identification document or credential. A government-issued photograph identification document or credential, including, but not limited to, a current and valid United States passport, military identification, driver’s license or state identification;
- Other government-issued identification document. A government-issued identification document without a photograph, including, but not limited to, a certified birth certificate or a signed social security card;
- Other official documents. An official document, including, but not limited to, a document confirming eligibility determinations for public benefits, a utility bill, a bank statement, a government check, a paycheck or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
- Verified unique identifier for new voters. A verified unique identifier for new voters, including the voter’s Maine driver’s license number, Maine identification number or the last 4 digits of the voter’s social security number that are successfully verified through the central voter registration system verification.
Proof of residency can be satisfied with any piece of mail with the voter’s name and address.
Voters should click here for a voter residency fact sheet.
Changing Your Registration Name, Residence Address or Political Party Affiliation:
If you are currently registered and wish to change any information, such as your married name or residence address (which is pertinent to your voting record), please visit the Town Clerk’s Office or mail the new information to:
1013 Beech Hill Road
Mercer, ME 04957
Voter registration application can be found here. Further instructions are listed at the bottom of the application.