August 31, 2021 MSAD #54 District Referendum Election Scheduled. Polls to be open 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the Mercer Town Office.
Voters will be asked to authorize the District to issue bonds or notes for school construction and minor capital projects in an amount not to exceed $6,970,000. Absentee ballots are now available for anyone looking to vote by absentee ballot.
Nancy J. Gove, Town Clerk
April 10, 2021 Annual Town Meeting
The Annual Town Meeting was held on Saturday, APRIL 10, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. at the Mercer Community Center. The minutes of the meeting are linked below.
For results from the March 6 municipal election, election results are posted below.
Marijuana ordinance was recently adopted:
The single polling location for all Mercer voters is Mercer Community Center, 1015 Beech Hill Road.
Please note that masks are now required. If you do not have one, you will be provided with one.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, voters with health risks are being encouraged to vote by absentee ballot in order to limit the voters’ exposure and the exposure of our election staff.
Voters who choose to vote at the polls on election day should plan for a modest wait time to cast their ballots, due to social distancing protocols and gathering limits. Your patience is appreciated during these unusual circumstances.
In cooperation with the Secretary of State, a small secure ballot drop box is being installed outside the Town Office to receive ballots without having to enter the office. Voters may deposit their absentee ballots in the box.
State & Federal Elections
State elections are held on the first Tuesday, following the first Monday, each November and on the second Tuesday in June in even-numbered years for the Primary Election. Referenda and bond issues are sometimes sent to the voters in June or November. For information on state elections, visit the Secretary of State’s website.
The State of Maine allows residents to register to vote any time leading up to and including the day of the election. Residents of Mercer may register to vote at the Town Clerk’s Office, located at Mercer Community Center, 1015 Beech Hill Road, or at the polls on election day.
Proof of residency and proof of identity are required.
- Per state statute, M.R.S.A. Title 21-A , Section 112-A. Proof of identity for voting purposes
Any of the following forms of documentation may be offered by an applicant and considered by a registrar in verifying the identity of an applicant who is registering to vote.
- Government-issued photograph identification document or credential. A government-issued photograph identification document or credential, including, but not limited to, a current and valid United States passport, military identification, driver’s license or state identification;
- Other government-issued identification document. A government-issued identification document without a photograph, including, but not limited to, a certified birth certificate or a signed social security card;
- Other official documents. An official document, including, but not limited to, a document confirming eligibility determinations for public benefits, a utility bill, a bank statement, a government check, a paycheck or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter; or
- Verified unique identifier for new voters. A verified unique identifier for new voters, including the voter’s Maine driver’s license number, Maine identification number or the last 4 digits of the voter’s social security number that are successfully verified through the central voter registration system verification.
Proof of residency can be satisfied with any piece of mail with the voter’s name and address.
Voters should click here for a voter residency fact sheet.
Changing Your Registration Name, Residence Address or Political Party Affiliation:
If you are currently registered and wish to change any information, such as your married name or residence address (which is pertinent to your voting record), please visit the Town Clerk’s Office or mail the new information to:
1013 Beech Hill Road
Mercer, ME 04957
Voter registration application can be found here. Further instructions are listed at the bottom of the application.